5 Kasım 2016 Cumartesi

Two Tales from Anatolia

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Milliyet Newspaper, 4 November 2016)

Image result for emine kutluca sivas
Watch that first step Emine hanım, it's a doozy!

In the Kızılırmak neighborhood of Sivas, Emine Kutluca (82)
lives in a single-family home.  The other homeowners on her
street agreed with a building contractor and their homes were
demolished.  Emine hanım, though, could not reach an agreement
with the contractor.

Image result for emine kutluca sivas
Sivas governor can't say 'no' to a pretty face.

As a result, a 5 meter-deep hole now greets Emine hanım at her
front door.  She related that the firm officials told her that "we
will never give you a new home.  So I said I wouldn't give them
my home. They dug a hole at my front door so I have to go
through a neighbor's house to go to and from my own.  My
water's been cut off and I have no toilet facilities.  I'm afraid
I'll fall into the hole. I've asked for help from the governor.
There's no one else to help me."

Image result for sivas haritası
                      Sivas province

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Milliyet Newspaper, 4 November 2016)

Arduç ailesine  köprü müjdesi!
Too nice a place for a bridge. Remember, a bridge isn't one-way.

The Arduç family lives in Dallıbahçe village in Nazimiye district
of Tunceli province.  Three years ago, when the Pembelik Dam on
the Peri River began to collect water the Arduç family was left
stranded.  Now, a bridge that was promised to the family 5 years
ago is finally under construction.

Once built, the bridge will connect Karakoçan and Nazimiye,
allowing the Arduç family to again have a connection to the
mainland.  Ayhan Arduç, who has suffered a partial stroke, said
that for the past three years the Tunceli municipality has made
a plastic boat available to the family.

Otherwise the family can only wave to its relatives on the other
side of the water. The 60-meter bridge will solve the family's
isolation problem.  The 6-member family went on a hunger strike
(!) last year to make their voices heard.

Image result for tunceli haritası
Niazamiye district is in eastern Tunceli province.








Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder